Attention all Saddle Lake Post Secondary!
Please be advised that we have moved up our April 2020 Post Secondary Allowance (PSA) distribution to Friday, March 20, 2020 via DIRECT DEPOSIT. It has been recommended by Saddle Lake Chief and Council that the distribution be moved up due to the emergency situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. This will give you the opportunity to purchase what you require to prepare yourselves for the days ahead. As you know, the situation around the COVID-19 is constantly changing and updates are being posted as soon as we can to ensure you are all informed. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Betty Ann Cardinal, Post Secondary Student Advisor or Amberly Makokis, Administrative Assistant.
The Saddle Lake Education Authority Main Office – Cultural Education, Museum, Transportation and Post Secondary have prepared our Safety Action Plan that outlines the necessary measures to ensure the health and safety of our staff, students and community members.
Recommended options for contacting the Post Secondary Staff are:
- Office Phone at – 1-800-668-0243 or 780-726-7609
- Email – please scroll down
- Fax – 780-726-4069
- Email Scan
Please contact your institution, if you have not done so already, to stay informed as to what actions are being taken with regards to you educational plans (assignments, exam, etc).
Stay informed, I have posted many links to reliable sources for you to access like what is social distancing, symptoms, community supports, etc.
Be prepared, there are many resources available online, however, our Task Force recommends the Alberta Health Services website. You will find information on the following:
- FACT SHEET
- Saddle Lake Health Care Centre – Medical Clinic – Infant Formula assistance
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation News, Events & Information – Facebook
- APTN Trudeau addresses the Country
- Health Link #811
- Alberta Updates
- COVID Self-Assessment
- Knowing your Options
- Online Tool to Determine the Need for COVID Testing
- Help in Tough Times – Who/Where can I call?
- Alberta Native Friendship Centres
- COVID-19 Information for Albertans
- Current Situation
- Emergency Financial Assistance
- and so much more.. please research reliable sources.
Saddle Lake Post Secondary Staff Contact Information:
Berandine Houle-Steinhauer, Director (Out of Office) – email@example.com
Betty Ann Cardinal, Student Advisor (In Office) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amberly Makokis, Administrative Assistant – email@example.com