Virtual 2020 Portage College Convocation
Congratulations messages from the College Community on Flipgrid
No Photo submitted for the following Graduates (will post photos when they are submitted):
Leona Mason, Artisan Entrepreneurship Diploma
Taryn Delver, University Transfer
Vennisa Cardinal, University Transfer
Jonathan Cardinal, University Transfer
Saddle Lake Cree Nation Child & Family Services
The role of the Case Manager, is to focus on ensuring cultural, physical, social & emotional well-being of clients, families and children in care. They will also provide, case management & planning, direct intervention services to children in need of protective services. The Case Manager will report to the Supervisor, participate in on-call rotation and be responsible for attending regular home visits.
***For full job summery and description, click below on the links provided.
- Bachelor of Social Work (B.Sw) from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 2 years experience in field work;
- Knowledge and understanding of our Cree culture and language;
- Intervention Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Criminal Record Check;
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License;
- Driver’s Abstract;
- Standard First Aid;
- Active or eligible for registration with the Alberta College of Social Worker (ACSW);
- Provide two (2) character references.
Submit resume & documents directly to to the Office of Human Resource Management via email to email@example.com or by Canada Post to Box 100, Saddle Lake, AB T0A 3T0,
For More Information call 780-726-3829
Note: Only those applicants selected will be contacted.
Monday, June 15, 2020
Director of Child & Family Services
Job Posting (Rev: 2020-04-17-002)
The Director will be responsible for overall management of Child & Family Services which provides Intervention Services, Family Enhancement and Kinship Care for the Saddle Lake Cree Nation. The Director is also responsible for the financial management of the program and will work closely with Saddle Lake Chief and Council, Tribal Administrator, Board of Directors, Elders and Government Liaison’s. Working with stakeholders and staff, will promote best practices in the field that will enhance quality service and good outcomes for children, youth and families.
**For full Job Description or Job Summery, please click below on the links provided.
- Bachelor of Social Work (preferred) or related human services degree
- 5 years’ experience in a human services area
- knowledge and understanding of our Cree culture and language
- Criminal REcord Check
- Intervention Record Check (Prior Involvement)
- Valid Class 5 Drevices license
- Must have reliable transportation with 2 million liability insureance coverage. Section 6-A Desgnation Insurance
- References (3) – Individuals whom supervised delegated capacity
- Certificate of Completion – Delegation Training (Alberta Children’s Services)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Delegated Social Worker Capacity
Qualified applicants should submit resume and documents directly to:
Office of Human Resources Management
Box 100 Saddle Lake, AB T0A 3T0
In Person Submission: Human Resource Office until end of business day, 4:00 pm, June 26th
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Electronic submissions will be accepted until 11:59 pm, June 26th
Note: ONLY those applicants selected will be contacted
Contact the office of Human Resource Management at 780-726-3829 if more information
Friday, June 26, 2020
Did you miss the Aboriginal Teacher Education Program application deadline last Friday, May 15th? Please note that the deadline has been moved to May 19th & 20th. You can still apply and follow the directions below.
You will be able to fill out your information online up until the payment portion. Once you have reached this blockade, please contact ATEP and USS via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know your full name, Universtiy ID (if applicable) and application number (if applicable).
They will need to bump you application to allow your payment method to be processed. Once that have been finalized you will be able to log into your profile and upload the required documents as follows:
- Official and unofficial transcripts
- Letter of Intent
If you are asked which campus you want to apply for you will need to answer ‘yes’ to the ATEP question and then select the Community-Based Elementary Program and Blue Quills as the Partner Institution.
If you are being asked for a campus prior to that, you can pick North/Main Campus and then proceed. The ATEP questions should come up after that when you select Faculty of Education. The above was created by Angela Wolfe, MEd in order to assist those interested in applying for the program and who may not have the application fee handy.
Posted by Betty Ann Cardinal, Post Secondary Student Advisor on May 19, 2020.
What is the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)?
The Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) provides financial support to post secondary students, recent post secondary graduates, and recent high school graduates who are unable to find work due to the COVID-19 situation.
Are you wondering if you are eligible to apply for the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)?
Eligibility – If you are able to work, you must be actively be looking for employment in order to be eligible for the CESB. If you cannot find any work due to COVID-19, you can re-apply for each CESB eligibility period that you are eligible for. The table below was resourced from the Government of Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en.html.
|May 10 to June 6, 2020||$1,250 or $2,000
Depending on your eligibility
|June 7 to July 4, 2020||$1,250 or $2,000
Depending on your eligibility
|July 5 to August 1, 2020||$1,250 or $2,000
Depending on your eligibility
|August 2 to August 29, 2020||$1,250 or $2,000
Depending on your eligibility
I applied for CERB, can I now transfer over to the CESB?
Short answer is NO. If you have already applied, or are receiving support from the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or Employment Insurance (EI) you are not eligible to apply for the CESB.
What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)?
Where can I call for more information?
Call the CESB general line at 1-833-966-2099 or click on the following link to view the Government of Canada – Contact us about CESB
Posted May 15, 2020 by Betty Ann Cardinal, Saddle Lake Post Secondary
TC Energy, formerly TransCanada, have extended their Scholarship deadline to June 12th. If you have not already sent in your application, you still have time to do so. If you require further information regarding their scholarships or to see if you are eligible, please follow the link provided:
Posted May 07, 2020 by Betty Ann Cardinal, Post Secondary Student Advisor
Please be informed of the following:
- Full time student who are not registered for Spring/Summer, received their last Mid Month distribution on April 15th – this does not apply to Out of Province students;
- Full time and Part time students enrolled in Spring/Summer course(s) will receive their book & supplies allowance on April 29th;
- Full time students who will receive a monthly PSA can expect a full PSA with no Mid Month deduction on April 29th & May 27th;
- For those continuing students, please know that you are required to submit the following as soon as possible:
- Signed Application & WAIVER – fill out application in full and add your student ID# to the WAIVER form;
- Acceptance Letter or Confirmation of Enrollment;
- Course Registration / Timetable:
- full-time = two (3) credit courses (May to June) or four (3) credit courses for full term (May to August);
- part-time = one (3) credit course (May to June) or two (3) credit courses for full term (May to August);
- Transcripts / Statement of marks for Winter 2020
- Students who are planning on registering for Spring/Summer classes, please ensure that your course(s) will be applied toward your program of study.
- Probationary Students must submit their statement of marks for review before moving forward;
- Students are asked to contact us if their are any changes to your program, contact information (address/phone), etc.;
We do understand that the institutions you are attending are or have made many changes to assist students to continue on with their studies. We ask that you continue to connect with your program instructor for any changes that are being made and the Registrar’s Office to obtain the above documents. If you have any questions, the Post Secondary Staff are available via email or phone to assist you.
Bernadine Houle-Steinhauer, Director: email@example.com
Betty Ann Cardinal, Student Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amberly Makokis, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com
A lot has happened during the weekend and you may have already viewed the following information, however, for those that have not, please review:
Saddle Lake Cree Nation Leadership Address to the Nation:
- COVID-19 Online Screening – Stop the Spread;
- Launch COVID-19 Self Assessment;
- Cases for Alberta;
- Global Cases;
- Social Distancing Video
- Help Health Care Staff Video
As of Tuesday, March 24, 2020 there will be no entry, by the general public, into the Education -Authority Office until further notice!
If you require immediate assistance, please call the Education or Post Secondary Staff at 780-726-7609 or toll free at 1-800-668-0243. You can also send in your documents or inquiries via email:
General Education Inquiries:
Tamra Steinhauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Superintendent of Schools:
Debra Cardinal at email@example.com
Post Secondary Director:
Bernadine Houle-Steinhauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
To all Saddle Lake Post Secondary Student’s
Please call the office today if you have not received your PSA! Amberly and I are in the office to assist you. I have emailed all our students yesterday with information that you require in the coming days/weeks.
HELP PREVENT THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
The Alberta Health Services website has information that is current and important for those that are wanting to learn about the COVID-19.
I have provided the following links for you to review:
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation COVID-19 Information Package
- Outbreak Update
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan
- Prevention and Risks
If there is any other information from our office or regarding the COVID-19, this post will be updated the the time of post. Betty Ann Cardinal, Student Advisor