If you would like a Employment Opportunity to be posted please forward information to Betty Ann Cardinal, Post Secondary Student Advisor. Please see “Contact Us“page for more information.
Faculty of Education
The Faculty of Education seeks applications for a tenure-track appointment at the rank of Associate or Assistant Professor in Indigenous Education. The successful applicant will contribute to leadership and expertise to implement the new Bachelors and Masters Degrees in Indigenous Language Revitalization and contribute to other opportunities to integrate Indigenous knowledge into all academic areas within the Faculty and across the University.
The Universtiy of Victoria includes a large and diverse representation of Indigenous faculty and staff from around the world. The Indigenous Education team currently includes three Indigenous faculty, one holds a Canada Research Chair in Indigenous Knowledge and Learning, along with four staff who share responsibility for program development and student support. The Faculty is committed to working with Indigenous communities to develop high quality and responsive education programs and research. The Faculty is also home to the Departments of Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Psychology and Leadership Studies and the School of Exercise Science, Physical and Health Education.
The successful candidate will have:
- Indigenous ancestry with lived experience in Indigenous communities, cultures and traditions;
- a demonstrated commitment to community-based collaboration and partnership;
- completed a doctoral degree at the time of appointment;
- knowledge of Indigenous language;
- demonstrated excellence in teaching and research; and
- pervious teaching experience in a public, private or band school and experience doing community-based cooperative research would be assets.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses on Indigenous Language Revitalization and Indigenous education;
- Supervising graduate students conducting research on Indigenous Language Revitalization and mentoring undergraduate students;
- Establishing and supporting consultation with educational agencies and Indigenous communities to facilitate constructive relationship with the Faculty;
- Maintaining an active research and publication program; and
- Contributing to department, Faculty and University service activites.
Applications must include: a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a letter of support from an Indigenous community leader, Indigenous government or Indigenous organization representative, and the names of three referees. Letters of reference are not required at this time.
Dr. Robert Anthony, Chair Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- University of Victoria
- Faculty of Education
- PO Box 1700, STN CSC
- Victoria, BC V8W 3N4
- Fax: 250-721-7598
- E-mail: email@example.com
February 15, 2012
In accordance with the University’s equity plan and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, the selection of candidates will be limited to Aboriginal and Indigenous peoples. Candidates from these two groups are encouraged to self-identify.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, may contact Grace Wong Sneddon, Adviser to the Provost on Equity and Diversity at (250) 721-6143. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.
Summer Student Employment Program
Please contact Saddle Lake Cree Nation Human Resource Development at 780-726-7608 for more information.
SLPS Sponsored Post Secondary Students:
Welcome to Career Cruising! We are delighted to have you and everyone at Saddle Lake Post Secondary Program (SLPS) using Career Cruising again and we hope to make your experience with us a happy one.
This website will assist you in resume creation, career planning, and more…
What is Career Cruising?
|Career Cruising is an industry-leading online career guidance and planning system. People of all ages use our tools to find the right career, explore education and training options, and build their own portfolio. Our add-on products extend Career Cruising’s functionality, making it easier for schools to manage their course selection process, communities to meet their workforce development needs, and students to prepare for the SAT/ACT…|
To access the Career Cruising website, please go to www.careercruising.com and enter Saddle Lake Post Secondary Program (SLPS)’s special username and password:
Username: Please contact SLPS for Username
Password: Please contact SLPS for Password
Once you have entered the access information above, please click on the “Start Career Cruising” button to begin.
Saddle Lake Post Secondary Program (SLPS) Sponsored Students or Applicants can use Career Cruising on any computer that has internet access, whether it is at the school/centre/site or at home. Your password will expire on January 1, 2013.