Treaty Annuity Payment Summer Jobs for Aboriginal Students
Government of Canada Jobs
Are you looking for an exciting and unique work experience opportunity this summer that would involve travel and working directly with First Nations? Well here is an opportunity for you! The Department of Indigenous Services Canada (DISC) has a number of opportunities for work as a Treaty Annuity Payment student this summer.
Typical tasks may include:
- corresponding and liaising with First Nations to obtain dates and time of Treaty Pay
- corresponding and liaising with Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to confirm attendance
- coordinating and making travel arrangements for volunteers
- travelling to First Nations communities (Note: Travel may require working some weekends and evenings and travel to remote communities)
- distribution of Treaty Pay to First Nation members
- reconciliation of Treaty Pay lists
- data input
- Full-time from April 30 to August 31, 2018
For full Job Description and inquiries:
What is the Aboriginal Internship Program?
The Aboriginal Intern Program is a 2 year program open to post secondary graduates who have an interest in working for the Alberta government and possess a good knowledge of Aboriginal initiatives, people, communities, and culture.
The program will offer graduates work experience, professional development, and the opportunity to work with an Aboriginal community partner.
Internships are available in the departments of:
- Aboriginal Relations
- Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour
- Innovation and Advanced Education
- Treasury Board and Finance
- Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
- Chief Medical Officer (Alberta Health)
How does the program work?
Interns will spend the first year working in one of the participating ministries, followed by nine months of working with a community non-government partner, before returning to the ministry for the last 3 months.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited university or college in the last 2 years
- Possessing knowledge of Aboriginal initiatives, communities, culture and people is an asset
Where can I find more information about the Alberta Aboriginal Internship Program?
Alberta Aboriginal Internship Program
Information above has been received by the Aboriginal Relations website: “click here to be directed to their website”