Attention all Saddle Lake Cree Nation Post Secondary Students!
Are you planning on continuing into the Spring/Summer term?
If you are or your program continues into the intersession term, then you will need to fill out our Saddle Lake Post Secondary Sponsorship Application Form before March 15th. Also, as a reminder to all SLPS students, you should have already submitted your Fall 2017 statement of marks, if you have not, please do this today to avoid any delays in your PSA.
Thank you to all those students who have submitted all their documents and we look forward to assisting you as you move forward into the intersession or fall term.
What you need to submit for the 2018 Intersession term:
- Sponsorship Application Form
- Statement of marks (when they are available to you)
- Course Registration / Schedule
- If you are unsure, please call us
ALL OTHER STUDENTS
What you need to do:
Treaty Annuity Payment Summer Jobs for Aboriginal Students
Government of Canada Jobs
Are you looking for an exciting and unique work experience opportunity this summer that would involve travel and working directly with First Nations? Well here is an opportunity for you! The Department of Indigenous Services Canada (DISC) has a number of opportunities for work as a Treaty Annuity Payment student this summer.
Typical tasks may include:
- corresponding and liaising with First Nations to obtain dates and time of Treaty Pay
- corresponding and liaising with Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) to confirm attendance
- coordinating and making travel arrangements for volunteers
- travelling to First Nations communities (Note: Travel may require working some weekends and evenings and travel to remote communities)
- distribution of Treaty Pay to First Nation members
- reconciliation of Treaty Pay lists
- data input
- Full-time from April 30 to August 31, 2018
For full Job Description and inquiries:
Yes, the next Indspire Application Deadline Date is just around the corner.
If you have not done so already, you better get busy and fill out your application today. The next Indspire deadline is fast approaching and the Saddle Lake Post Secondary Staff highly recommend that all our Post Secondary Students apply online today. Indspire offers many scholarships and bursaries and you can also check the institution that you are attending, it’s FREE MONEY!
These Indspire Scholarships and Bursaries are available to First Nations/Metis post secondary students who are enrolled in the following programs:
- Computer Studies
- Social Work
- Technical Studies
- Fine Arts: Visual, Performing, Media, Theatre, Production, Graphic……
- Clinical Psychology
- Laboratory Research
- Veterinary Medicine
- Skilled Trades
For more accurate and up to date information, please visit the INDSPIRE website. You will find all the information about what scholarships and bursaries are available, Application Guidelines, Guide for Students, Program Policies and much more.
From the Saddle Lake Post Secondary Staff: Bernadine, Betty Ann and Pamela.
What is the Aboriginal Internship Program?
The Aboriginal Intern Program is a 2 year program open to post secondary graduates who have an interest in working for the Alberta government and possess a good knowledge of Aboriginal initiatives, people, communities, and culture.
The program will offer graduates work experience, professional development, and the opportunity to work with an Aboriginal community partner.
Internships are available in the departments of:
- Aboriginal Relations
- Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour
- Innovation and Advanced Education
- Treasury Board and Finance
- Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
- Chief Medical Officer (Alberta Health)
How does the program work?
Interns will spend the first year working in one of the participating ministries, followed by nine months of working with a community non-government partner, before returning to the ministry for the last 3 months.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited university or college in the last 2 years
- Possessing knowledge of Aboriginal initiatives, communities, culture and people is an asset
Where can I find more information about the Alberta Aboriginal Internship Program?
Alberta Aboriginal Internship Program
Information above has been received by the Aboriginal Relations website: “click here to be directed to their website”