What is the Aboriginal Internship Program?
The Aboriginal Intern Program is a 2 year program open to post secondary graduates who have an interest in working for the Alberta government and possess a good knowledge of Aboriginal initiatives, people, communities, and culture.
The program will offer graduates work experience, professional development, and the opportunity to work with an Aboriginal community partner.
Internships are available in the departments of:
- Aboriginal Relations
- Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour
- Innovation and Advanced Education
- Treasury Board and Finance
- Environment and Sustainable Resource Development
- Chief Medical Officer (Alberta Health)
How does the program work?
Interns will spend the first year working in one of the participating ministries, followed by nine months of working with a community non-government partner, before returning to the ministry for the last 3 months.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited university or college in the last 2 years
- Possessing knowledge of Aboriginal initiatives, communities, culture and people is an asset
Where can I find more information about the Alberta Aboriginal Internship Program?
Alberta Aboriginal Internship Program
Information above has been received by the Aboriginal Relations website: “click here to be directed to their website”