Due to the number of positive cases within the Saddle Lake Cree Nation:
- with the guidance and support of Alberta Health Services (AHS) Dr. Yacoub, Medical Officer of Health and Dr. Sarin, Deputy Medical Officer of Health have recommended and support the Council Motion passed on November 16, 2020.
Effective November 18, 2020 to December 02, 2020
The Saddle Lake Cree Nation will be in a 2 – week shutdown (Circuit Breaker) with Essential Services only:
- Public Works – Water Delivery and Sewage Trouble calls;
- Saddle Lake Health Care Centre – COVID-19 Testing, Contact Tracing, Home Care, Medical & Medical Transportation;
- ALL essential offices hours of operation will be posted – Social Development, Child Welfare, Finance, Bison Auto;
- the 3 convenience stores will be CLOSED: Northside, Walter’s and Eugene Stores
The purpose of this 2 – week Shut Down is to minimize public exposure and to limit the services for high needs only. All efforts as a community will create a positive impact in the next two (2) weeks with the help of each and every one of us.
Follow the recommendations that have set out from the beginning COVID-19.
- Stay Home – no visiting, no parties, no gathering;
- Wear Masks – wear properly, encourage other to wear masks;
- Sanitize – it is important to keep your hands clean and to avoid touching your face especially if you are still shaking hands.
Kahkiyaw oniciskapowinawak mamowe atoskek ekwa sakihtohk
Saddle Lake Post Secondary Students can still reach staff via email. If you have any questions, please email us:
Betty Ann Cardinal, Student Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Amberly Makokis, Administrative Assistant – email@example.com
Bernadine Houle-Steinhauer, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org