Aboriginal Student Discovery Day
This year we have 6 Saddle Lake Cree Nation grade 12 students attending this event. These students are from Kihew Asiniy, Ashmont Secondary School and from the Outreach Program in Saddle Lake. They will be learning about the programs that are available from the U of A, more importantly, the Transition Year Program, application process, Bursaries & Scholarships, Housing, Financial awareness and so much more. The Aboriginal Student Services is now called the First Peoples’ House.
- Learn about University of Alberta undergraduate programs, housing, awards, and services
- Connect with faculty and service representatives
- Meet new people from other high schools and Aboriginal communities
- Win great prizes including UAlberta apparel and more!
- TYP Deadline is May 01st
- the Aboriginal Student Services has changed their name to First Peoples’ House
- Assistance with applying Student Loans, Bursaries, etc
- The First Peoples’ House staff are available to assist students who plan on attending the University of Alberta: 2-400 Students Union Building, Universty of Alberta, Phone 780-492-5677.
For more information on the Transition Year Program, please call 780-492-5677 or visit their website at ualberta.ca/current-Student/students/first-Peoples-house.