NORTHERN ALBERTA DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (NADC)
The Northern Alberta Development Council (NADC) provides return service bursaries to students training for jobs that are in demand in northern Alberta. Some careers in high demand now include education, medical and health, apprenticeship trades, business, engineering and technical fields, environmental sciences and social work. Bursaries for pre-apprenticeship, certificate and diploma studies are $6,000, with $10,000 for students in a degree, masters or PhD program.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Are you First Nations Status
- are 18 years of age
- have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- are enrolled full-time in a post secondary and program that is designated for provincial funding
- are in a program that is at least 12 weeks in length
- are not a default of a provincial student loan
Note: Apprenticeship programs are not eligible, but pre-employment training leading to an apprenticeship program will be considered.
YOU INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF SUCCESS IF YOU:
- complete the application fully and answer the questions clearly and concisely
- are training for an occupation with high employment potential in northern Alberta
- demonstrate an interest in northern Alberta and knowledge of northern employment opportunities
- have an acceptable academic record
THE RETURN SERVICE COMMITMENT:
Students who receive a bursary agree to live and work in a field related to their training in northern Alberta following completion of their program. Students commit to the north for one full-time year (or equivalent) for each year of full bursary support. Recipients who do not meet this requirement much repay the bursary.
Complete the application for and return it to the NADC at the address provided. Application are accepted and reviewed throughout the year. Applicants will be advised of their status after the committee has reviewed their application.
MAIL APPLICATIONS TO:
NADC Bursary Program, Room 2016, 9621-96 Avenue, Bag 900-14, Peace River, AB T8S1T4.
Contact NADC at 780-624-6545 or toll free-dial 310-0000 first
NOTE: Applications sent by EMAIL or FAX are NOT ACCEPTED.