FROM the Desk of the GRAD PROJECT
Tansi Everyone…we are moving along still working on the graduation project. I have returned back to school for my last year in university and will only be coming into the office on Fridays from 8:00am – 4:30PM (4:00pm every other week due to Saddle Lake Cree Nation (SLCN) Administration policy) until the project tentatively wraps up at the end of December 2011; however, Erica Makokis & Felicia White are working diligently cross referencing files & ensuring former & current student’s files are complete with all documentation. If you are unsure if your file is complete and you received a credential in the past, please feel free to contact our office at 1-800-668-0243. We are not only ensuring all transcripts & credentials (degrees, certificates) prior to 1993 are in the file but ALL transcripts & credentials you may have been received/acquired over the years (this includes any not sponsored by our SLCN Post Secondary Department).
A lot of the research has been completed pending some applicants documentation; once we have the majority of verified accreditation, we will be displaying the Saddle Lake Cree Nation band member’s name & accredited certification in the form of a plaque within the Display Case recently installed in the Main Band Office Foyer. As mentioned before, we want to celebrate and show our appreciation for all the former students hard work and honor the challenges they faced while working towards the pursuit of fulfilling their dreams. This display of credentials is also geared towards Community Pride & to encourage our youth, community members; and all human beings to follow their dreams! We are a vibrant and rich community filled with amazing people who have many unique qualities academically & culturally; which enhances and compliments our community & nation in the spirit of education…you are our youth’s Role Models!
Project Tentativeness Ends: December 31, 2011
- Please ensure you have forwarded your graduation project application to our office prior to this date to see if you qualify for an incentive for any credentials received prior to 1993 (please include all transcripts & credentials received on application).
- Please ensure application is filled out completely – incomplete applications will be put on hold pending applicant’s action
- check with our office to see if you have some of the transcripts & credentials already on file
- Please attach ALL copies of Credentials with transcripts you received which are considered Post Secondary level.
- eg. includes Academic Upgrading, Certificate, Diploma, Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate), Master’s Degree, and Doctoral Degree
- Ronald (Guy) Cardinal completed the display & installed the cabinets in the foyer this past weekend. The” Wall of Recognition” is becoming reality…we will keep you posted!